Tuesday, December 23, 2008

End of year thoughts

For the month of December I have taken a break from posting on THE GOD WHO SEES ME - A Devotional Prayer Journal. This has been for the purpose of focusing on the Advent season in my companion blog, LIVING THE WORD at http://prayingtheword.blogspot.com/.

Now it is December 23 and tomorrow is Christmas Eve. We have been blessed with Christmas music, fellowship with friends and family and wonderful messages of hope in the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ these past few weeks.

Tomorrow we will attend a Christmas Eve service where some of our children will be performing. Then we will have a quiet evening with our daughter and her family.
Our entire family of 24 of us already celebrated at our house on Saturday evening with dinner, musical instruments, singing, children acting out the Christmas story and Ron sharing his annual words of wisdom with his children and grandchildren. After that, of course, all the presents were opened. What a blessed time with our now 13, soon to be 14 grandchildren and their parents. We have been blessed indeed.
Today we were invited to view the 3D/4D ultrasound of our grandson to be born in February. What a miracle it was to be able to see him before he is even born. This was a new experience for me - a nice Christmas present! I presented the Mom- to-be with a hand crocheted blanket.

Next week I will continue where we left off in November in the book of Proverbs. I am praying about my own personal devotional goals for this year, and I hope that you too are planning some quality time in the Word in 2009.
I started a group blog on the Vox.com network back in August to encourage other people to post from their personal Bible reading. I call it "Find The Time in 2009." (A little early but here it is 2009 already.) I do hope that all of you will find the time this year to spend every day reading God's Word and applying it to your lives.

No comments: