Sunday, January 2, 2011

THOUGHTS FOR THE NEW YEAR

     Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.  1 Corinthians 2:12
* * *

     So here we are, well on our way into 2011. I can’t believe that I wrote the first installment to THE GOD WHO SEES ME – A Devotional Prayer Journal in August of 2007. Along the way to this blogging outreach, I have enjoyed various ministries, but never have I felt a stronger leading from the Lord than with this online journal.
     The urge to write came during a particularly dry period when I was praying for the filling of the Holy Spirit in my life, especially in regard to ministry. Only 5 days after praying that specific prayer, I wrote in my personal journal that I thought I might start a Through-the-Bible series of devotions. This was initially for my own spiritual growth, but soon I wanted to share it with others. I began with a small e-mail list of friends and family which grew larger as time went by. Eventually, by March of 2008 I was posting online, beginning with Genesis 1:1, “In the Beginning God…”
     Now after posting readings appropriate for Christmas, I will be continuing with the letters to the church at Corinth where we left off in November. My plan this year is to link the Bible references to the BlueLetterBible.org online Bible. This will make it easier to read the entire context of the Scriptures that I quote in the post. I hope this will be helpful for those who don’t have a Bible handy to look up the reference.
* * *
     Dear Lord, I pray that my readers will be encouraged to spend time in Your Word this year. I pray that my brief devotional thoughts will help others to apply these Scripture readings to their own life situations. For those who are still seeking to know the truth, draw them by your Holy Spirit to an understanding of who You are and what You have done for them. In Jesus name, Amen
* * *
     “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”  1 Corinthians 2:9





No comments: