Wednesday, September 28, 2011

FERVENT LOVE

[50]

LETTERS TO THE CHURCHES - Peter

Read 1 Peter 4 - 5
      ... Be serious and watchful in your prayers, and above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:7b-8 NKJV
* * *
      Peter continues to encourage Christians to grow in love for the brethren. He urges us to pay close attention to relationships as husbands and wives and believers in the church. He writes, “As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God...If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies...” (4:10, 11b)
      He calls for humility in the sight of God and men, trusting that He will supply our needs. He exhorts us to “humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:6-7
* * *
      Lord, I want to cast my cares upon you today. Help me to realize that I am not alone but can minister to others with the “ability which God supplies.” Help me to reflect Your love in all I do, especially in my own family. Help me to respond to attacks by the enemy with steadfast faith.
* * *
      Be sober; be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.     1 Peter 5:8-9 NKJV

No comments: