Monday, February 13, 2012

NOAH FOUND FAVOR

Read Genesis 6
     The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain… but Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. Genesis 6:6, 8 NIV
***
      Noah lived in the most wicked generation this world has ever known, where not a single family followed God. We are told that "The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time." (Genesis 6:5)
     Yet Noah’s testimony was so strong that his wife, his sons and even his daughters-in-law respected and followed him in obedience to God. This should give us encouragement and hope for raising a godly family in our own ungodly culture.
***
      Sin is not only a travesty to us, Lord, for You said that Your "heart was filled with pain." I know that my impatient, unkind and angry thoughts are all a source of grief to You. I also know that You are my only source of healing, forgiveness and strength. Help me to come to You faithfully every day to find cleansing and forgiveness. Only then can I be the wife, mother and friend who will please you and uplift the ones I love. Help me to live a consistent Christian life so that our children will want to follow You.
***
      The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation."   Genesis 7:1 NIV

No comments: