Thursday, June 28, 2012

WHO AM I?

I AM WHO I AM
      "One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people. Glancing this way and that and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand."   Exodus 2:11–12 NIV
* * *
      When Moses was young, God had already given him a heart to deliver his people–but his youthful, impulsive actions forced him to flee to the desert, where he lived as a shepherd for forty years. Finally, God's time had come to use the spark ignited in Moses' heart so long ago:
      Out of a burning bush, God said, "I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt." Moses' response was, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" (3:10–11)
     When Moses was young, it was all about who he was, the son of a princess, but now God says, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (3:14)
* * *
      How prone we are to act impulsively in our own strength, with disappointing results. But our failures don’t necessarily prove that the desired end was wrong. It may just indicate that we need to wait patiently for the Lord’s perfect timing.
      Lord, when I am impatient to know what is ahead, help me to be willing to wait for your guidance and timing. Renew my strength and confidence as I wait upon you.
* * *
      But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.   Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

No comments: