Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A NEW SONG

A TIME TO SPEAK
Read Psalm 40
     I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly. Psalm 40:10
* * *
     King David fell into grievous sin with Bathsheba. (2 Samuel 11–12) He repented, and God forgave him, but with a long road of consequences ahead of him. Referring to his great sin he said, “He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.” (40:2)
     David recognized God's gracious mercy and plan for his life when he said, "The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." (40:5b) God had given him a new song and for the rest of his life he would sing it to all who would listen.
* * *
     Dear Lord, I want tell others about Your love and mercy in my life. Forgive me for getting so busy that I sometimes go an entire day without mentioning your name. As David said, “Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; Let such as love Your salvation say continually, “The LORD be magnified!” (Psalm 40:16 NKJV)
* * *
     He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:3 NIV

No comments: