Tuesday, April 29, 2014

PRAISE THE LORD

FORGET NOT HIS BENEFITS

Read Psalm 102–103

      But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children. Psalm 103:17
* * *
      In Psalm 102 David pours out his heart in anguish, sick and fearful for his life–but in Psalm 103 David praises God for all of the benefits to his soul. He has been healed from his sickness, with his youth renewed. The LORD, he says, is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. …He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. (103:8, 10) 
      David would never forget the love and mercy extended to him by his compassionate Heavenly Father. He praises God that “as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.” (103:12)
* * *
      Dear Heavenly Father, I too, want to praise you for all Your benefits. You have satisfied my desire with good things and put a new song in my mouth. Like David I can say, Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. (103:1) May I reflect, in my countenance and attitude this day, that I am a thankful woman in my inmost being.
* * *
      Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the LORD: Psalm 102:18 NIV

No comments: