Monday, November 7, 2016

JESUS' BAPTISM

THIS IS MY SON


"...'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.' I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God." John 1:33-34 NIV
* * *
     John had not met Jesus as an adult before the day of His baptism. He said of Him, "I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.' I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God." (John 1:33-34) When the Spirit came down in the form of a dove, a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16-17 NIV

     John was not in the center of Jesus' earthly ministry, or even His early life. He was given the special task of calling people to repent before Jesus came. His ministry was brief in years and yet so important it was prophesied hundreds of years before he lived.
* * *
     Lord, we have a limited time, perhaps 18 years to influence our children. But we have all the time we need to do Your perfect will. Help us to make the most of the opportunity and remember the priority of loving them and leading them to You.
* * *
    The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29 NIV

1 comment:

A Joyful Chaos said...

Leading and teaching our children while I find is the most joyful job I've ever had is also very sobering.

Thanks for this post today.

Blessings~