Saturday, September 12, 2009

A FIRM FOUNDATION

THE HOUSE ON THE ROCK

Read: Luke 6:39–49

"I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice." Luke 6:47 NIV
* * *
After appointing the twelve apostles, Jesus came down from the mountain and began to speak to a large crowd of people from all over Judea, Jerusalem, Tyre and Sidon, who had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases.

His message was different from any they had heard before – He told them, “love your enemies,” “do to others as you would have them do to you,” (vv. 27, 31) “do not judge,” “forgive, and you will be forgiven.”(v. 37) He finished with, "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?” (6:46) – they looked for healing and He looked for a life change.

If there is going to be lasting change in my life that can withstand the storms, I must spend quality time getting to know God’s Word and applying it to my everyday circumstances.
* * *
Lord, Thank You for the timeless principles You have given in Your Word. Help us to understand and apply this wisdom to our lives and to teach them to our children so that our home will have a firm and lasting foundation.
* * *
"He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it …" Luke 6:48 NIV

No comments: