Friday, September 25, 2009

THE FIRST MIRACLE

THE WEDDING AT CANA

Read John 2:1–11

"Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come." His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you." John 2:4–5 NIV
* * *
Once again, Mary's soul is pierced. When Jesus was twelve, she wasn't quite ready for him to be teaching in the temple. But now that He's thirty, she must be wondering when He is going to reveal His identity. Both times Jesus gives her a soft rebuke.

At twelve he said; "Why were you searching for me? Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" But they did not understand what he was saying to them. (Luke 2:49–50)

At thirty, he says, “Dear woman, why do you involve me?…My time has not yet come.” (John 2:4) Mary realizes once again that she must quietly wait on God for His perfect timing—In fact, it was God's time, because Jesus honored his mother by performing his first public miracle at her request.
* * *
Lord, Mary is such a wonderful example of humility and love. I want to be a patient, loving mother who knows when to speak and when to be silent. I also want to wait on You to work out Your perfect plan for our family and each individual family member.
* * *
This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him. John 2:11 NKJV

No comments: