Saturday, October 24, 2009

ARE YOU THE CHRIST?

[24]

MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE

Read John 10:1–33

The Jews gathered around him, saying, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." John 10:24 NIV

* * *
There was much disputing among the Jews about who Jesus was. They were ready, perhaps, to look for an earthly king to deliver them from Roman rule, but they were not ready for a Savior. Jesus knew those who were His because the Father had already given them to Him.

To their question Jesus answered, "I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. (10:25-26) When they threatened to stone Him, He asked them which miracle deserved death. They replied, "We are not stoning you for any of these, but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God." (10:33)
* * *
When false teachers come to my door to dispute the Trinity, I need to remember that Jesus was crucified because He claimed to be God. He was God the Son, One with the Father. Soon those who were His sheep would know the indwelling power of His Spirit and go forth to proclaim the gospel of Christ. Lord, help me to faithfully share the good news of the risen Son of God.

* * *
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." John 10:27–28 NIV

No comments: