Monday, January 21, 2013

DAVID'S SONG

GOD'S PERFECT TIMING

Read 2 Samuel 22:1–34


      As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. 2 Samuel 22:31 NIV
* * *
      Before David saw God’s promise of kingship fulfilled, he fought many battles and lived through very difficult times. When God finally delivered him from his enemies and the hand of Saul, David sang God’s praises:
      “He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me… but the LORD was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” (vv. 18-20)
* * *
      God’s way and God’s timing were perfect. Not only that, but in His appointed time – God would bring forth His only begotten Son through the house of David. The promised Messiah would give His life to pay for David’s sins and for the sins of all who would believe in Him. God’s ways are not our ways. He knows the whole picture from beginning to end.
* * *
        Lord, I know your timing is perfect and you have a plan for my life and for each of my loved ones, just as you did for David. Help me Lord, to keep that eternal perspective, knowing that You have all things under control.
* * *
      The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. . . The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David . . . and his kingdom will never end."    Luke 1:30-33 NIV

No comments: