Thursday, January 19, 2012

IN THE BEGINNING

Read Genesis 1:1–2:2, John 1:1–4

      And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. Genesis 1:3 NIV
***
      "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." (John 1:1–3 NKJV)
     We worship a God who brought forth an entire universe just by speaking. He is so powerful, and yet Jesus said, “The very hairs of your head are all numbered.”(Matthew 10:30)
      There is nothing that concerns me that He misses or ignores. This same Lord of the universe ─ Father, Son and Holy Spirit ─ will be with me throughout eternity.
***
      Thank You, Lord, that nothing in my life goes unnoticed by You. As I marvel in the matchless beauty of the moon and stars on a cloudless night, how comforting it is to know that You see me.
      No matter how hectic life is, as I hurry about from day to day, You are always there to listen and guide my steps – And You will be there when my life on earth is completed and my faith becomes sight. For then I will see the “God who sees me.” Genesis 16:13
***
      "You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue, You know it completely, O LORD."  Psalm 139:2–4 NIV

No comments: