Monday, March 5, 2012

THE GOD WHO SEES ME

HAGAR
      She (Hagar) gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her:" You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the one who sees me." Genesis 16:13 NIV
* * *
      The story of Hagar is bitter-sweet. Hagar was an Egyptian maidservant forced to become a surrogate mother for Abraham and Sarah; she had few choices in life. So after she bore Abraham's son, she became disrespectful to Sarah.
      Hagar's teenage son reflected her attitude by mocking Sarah’s son, Isaac and causing distress in the family. Hagar was told by an angel that her son would become a “wild donkey of a man”– and yet, God cared about her – He never left her alone, even when Abraham and Sarah drove her away.
     God actually spoke to Hagar the Egyptian maidservant and promised her that He had long range plans for her son and his descendants, the Ishmaelites.
* * *
      Lord, when life seems out of control and family conflicts arise, help me to remember that You see it all. Help us to seek your wisdom in raising our children so that they will be followers of Christ, not “wild donkeys.” Give us the wisdom to discipline and teach them Your ways. Bless our family Lord, even to our children’s children.
* * *
      "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."    Psalm 139:13,16b NIV

No comments: