Friday, March 30, 2012

JESUS PRAYS FOR US

Read: John 17:1-26

     "I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." John 17:4-5 NIV
* * *
     Jesus spoke to His Father intentionally in the presence of His disciples. He was going to be entering Heaven very soon - restored to the glory He left behind when He became a man. The disciples must have been encouraged when they heard Him tell His Father,
     "I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me." (17:8) "... My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one." (17:15)
* * *
     Lord, I am so thankful that in this prayer You said, "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message." (17:20) As I meditate on this chapter and all the words You said for them and for us - I claim these words for my family:
      "I in them and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." (17:23)
* * *
     "I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."   John 17:26 NKJV

No comments: