Monday, April 23, 2012

ABRAHAM AND ISAAC

GOD WILL PROVIDE A LAMB

Read Genesis 22
     And Abraham said, “My son, God will provide Himself a Lamb” (Genesis 22:8 KJV)
"Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world" John 1:29 NKJV
* * *
     After waiting for so long for his promised son, Isaac, Abraham was asked to give him back as a sacrifice. This request had no basis in anything God had done with His people. False gods required human sacrifices, not Abraham's God.
* * *
     The author of Hebrews gives us some insight into Abraham’s response: "Abraham reasoned that God could raise the dead, and figuratively speaking, he did receive Isaac back from death."  Hebrews 11:19  But still he was required to go through this test to show that God was first in his life–even before his beloved son.
* * *
     Sometimes God brings us to a place in our lives when we must make a choice about something or someone He has blessed us with. Is there anything in my life that has become more important than my relationship with Him?
* * *
     Lord, I pray that I will always put You first in my life. Not first as in being at the top of a priority list, but first in regard to everything on that list. I cannot have a right relationship with anyone else if I am not right with You. Thank You for providing Your Son, the Lamb of God, to make that relationship possible.
* * *
     "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life John 3:16 NKJV

No comments: