Monday, April 30, 2012

ISAAC AND REBEKAH

LIFE DECISIONS

Read Genesis 24
     “… (if) she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too' – let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master." Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. Genesis 24:14-15 NIV
* * *
     Abraham wanted to find just the right wife for his son Isaac – someone from his own people, not from the Canaanites among whom he lived. So he sent his most trusted servant on a journey to his home country. Both Abraham and his chief servant believed that God would lead him to the right young woman. Abraham said,
      "The LORD, the God of heaven…who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, 'To your offspring I will give this land–He will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there." (Genesis 24:7)
* * *
     It is so important to pray for our children’s future spouses. What better time to start than now, while they are young, covering that child and his parents in prayer throughout their lives.
* * *
     Lord, help us to teach our children to seek Your wisdom in every small or large decision. You know the future and You have a plan for each one of them. Help them as they step out into life to make choices according to Your perfect will.
* * *
     Then the man bowed down and worshiped the LORD, saying …“As for me, the LORD has led me on the journey”   Gen 24:26-27 NIV

No comments: