Saturday, November 1, 2008

MY ANXIOUS THOUGHTS

[79]
Read Psalms 139
     Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Psalm 139:23
* * *
     David never tried to hide his negative thoughts from God. Instead, he poured them out to his Heavenly Father, knowing he would be understood. He said, O LORD, you have searched me and you know me… you perceive my thoughts from afar… Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. (vv.1,2b, 4)
     When he feared for his life, he trusted God for his safety saying, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." (v.16) When he wondered if he was doing the right thing he said, “See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (v.24)
* * *
     Dear Father, I too have anxious thoughts. What a comfort to know that you had plans for me even before I was born and all of the days of my life were known by You – past, present and future. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.”(v.13) Help me to quiet my heart with these precious truths from Your Word.
* * *
     I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me. Psalm 131:2

No comments: